Monday, June 20, 2016

"It's a String Thing" #149 Tiles

Happy Monday and a very happy day after Father's Day to all.

This week's string played off the word "dad" because, as Lori Byerly says below, "Dad's need a little appreciation, too."  They need more than we could ever lovingly express...


The first tile arrived from Henrike Bratz (Germany) ~
My tile this week developed quite surprisingly as a duotangle of dex (a favorite!! as you can see in my opus tile I sent you some time ago) and double D. Afterglow just didn’t fit in. And I almost completely ignored the string. Double D follows some of the lines and in other places the pencil line is shimmering through.... That’s one thing I like about Zentangle: you may always happily exceed limits!
Have a wonderful week!
from a foggy Northern Germany
 Tangled Tidbits -
*perf filled centers of Double D, aura and shaded curves
*Dex, large and small, lined on two sides of each grid section

This is my tile ~
I began by drawing Double D - "Single D", I should call it :) - along the string line and then added aura.  I filled in the string loops with Dex and then extended some of the grid lines to form Afterglow. It was pure 'zen' to draw this and am grateful for the time spent.


From Lily (Hungary) ~

Tangled Tidbits -
*aura-ed lines Double D in each string loop
*fabulous variation of Dex - light, medium, and dark shading
*shaded, long lines of Afterglow



From Sarah (Michigan) ~
A great string to navigate! I really enjoyed the tangles as well. Really took my time on this one for what it's worth. Perhaps I'll give it to Dad!


Tangled Tidbits -
*Afterglow filled string loops
*layered aura of Double D




From Anja (Germany) and here on her blog
Thanks a lot for this great Challenge! I had a lot of Fun! Enjoy your week!
Kind regards from Germany
 Tangled Tidbits -
*four fabulous variations of Double D
*Afterglow swirls with shaded centers




From smgg (Taiwan) and on her Instagram ~
Have a nice day!!!
 Tangled Tidbits -
*Afterglow filled string loops and Double D string lines
*Dex background


From Hilary (Chicago) ~
Here's my version of this week's challenge. It was great fun.
 Tangled Tidbits -
*star centers of Afterglow
*Dex curved grid adds depth
*Double D string lines


From Anita A Westin (Dalarna, Sweden) and here on her blog ~
Here comes my celebration for Dad. We celebrate Dad in Sweden too, but in November...
All the best!
 Tangled Tidbits -
*large deep centers of Dex
*sparkled Double D
*just a touch of Afterglow


From Tina Kirchhübel (Germany) and here on her blog ~
wish you and your family and all the daddies a happy Father's Day. Here in Germany Father's Day is still over. We celebrate it in May.
Your string for this challenge is so great and creative. I love it. This week I thought it could be the first time that I didn't use all tangles you gave us. But when I almost finished my tile I was not satisfied. So I found a way to also integrate the last pattern Double D which gaves now the tile the finishing touch and now I am also satisfied.
Greetings from Germany
 Tangled Tidbits -
*wonderful, background of Afterglow with an accent of Double D
*doubled string line
*Dex filled string loops


From sra (India) ~
This is for IAST 149.
I don't have much to say about this tile except that I gave up on shading Dex after several attempts. I'm glad with how the rest of it turned out.
Have a nice weekend and a nice week ahead.
 Tangled Tidbits -
*alternating brown and black aura of Afterglow
*speckled Double D
*small center squares for Dex


From Kate (United Kingdom) ~
Here's my contribution to your Fathers' Day challenge.
My first attempt was very busy and cluttered but I'm happier since I've
put an aura around 'dad' and left it blank except for some shading. This
didn't leave a lot of room for Double D but I've managed to squeeze it
in!
 Tangled Tidbits -
*doubled string line
*Afterglow shaded to one side of each aura-ed section adds dimension
*Dex shaded on two sides of each grid square


From Gesine (Germany) ~
I did this one while waiting for a late train. Looks a bit like something from a super hero comic, but maybe that’s quite fitting for a father’s day tile…
 Tangled Tidbits -
*a very fitting tribute to our super hero dads
*black, sparkled aura lines flow from the string
*Dex grid lines flow up and outward


From Felicity (South Africa) and here on her blog ~
It was heart breaking to hear and witness the dreadfully, tragic news related to the shooting in Orlando. Our hearts go out to the families and friends of the victims and injured.
As far as this week’s entry is concerned. I almost scrapped mine and the verdict is definitely still out on Tile 149 from South Africa. Not done in one sitting so too much subconscious mulling over the challenge, fragmentation of creative time and meticulousness travelled straight out of the window. But final decision was determined by a drenching, rainy, soft-showered Sunday. It eventually rained for two days last week and today we are experiencing a very chilly rain-drenched day. Winter rains at last!! Drought receiving a good pummeling on the West Coast!! Amazing, promise of Spring, flowers seem switched on. Can almost hear the Spring flowers cheering!
No further comments on the tile except to say it’s also on my blog.
Have a great week Adele and all IAST challenge participants.
 Tangled Tidbits -
*Double D string lines
*two variations of Dex
*pretty Afterglow


And now...
the tile for honors this week...
was sent in by...

Lori Byerly from Washington State
and it can also be found here on her blog ~
Thanks for the fun Father's Day challenge. Dad's need a little appreciation too. :)

Tangled Tidbits -
*light touch of tangles fill the string
*rounded Dex detail lines compliment the string loops
*Double D curls define the string lines
*lined border
*black perfs and soft shading




Many thanks to the creative minds behind the tangles used this week along with my string -
Dex by Maria Thomas, Zentangle® co-founder
Afterglow by Carole Ohl, CZT
Double D by Judy Murphy

Stop by Tuesday afternoon for "It's a String Thing" #150 
our "Zensquicentennial" !

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Adele, for the round-up. Curious to see what you give us for #150! I hope to be able to turn in a tile this week, it's a busy week for me. - Sra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just posted it and cannot wait to see what everyone comes up with...

      Delete
  2. I didn't quite finish my tile in time, but I enjoyed visiting for the round-up this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many weeks when I fall short of the deadline myself. No worries, keep the 'zen' in your tangling and join in when you are able.

      Delete