Monday, February 8, 2016

"It's a String Thing" #130 Tiles

Our second of three heart themed challenges proved to be even more enjoyable than the first.  To top it off, the anticipation of tomorrow's is building...but first let's take a look at today's love-ly tiles ~

The first arrived from Katrina Handson (Florida) ~
here's my entry for #130 I really liked the string it reminded me of wings so i just used that to inspire my zentangled butterfly :)
 Tangled Tidbits -
*delightfully dark and light Luv-a
*lovely center aura and shading


From Michele Wynne (California) ~
Thank you for another great challenge. I'm not really a "hearts & flowers" kind of gal so these Valentine themes really vex me. I committed to a Valentine theme swap to push me out of my comfort zone and this weeks challenge was the perfect start as we're to use this string as well. It's a little dark, but that's how I roll;-)
 Tangled Tidbits -
*Hear Box pops with the detail lines and sparkle
*multiple aura combined with shading and sparkle create wonderful depth


From smgg (Taiwan) ~
Have a nice day!!!
 Tangled Tidbits -
*Heart Box finished in three different ways
*Beadline heart of Luv-a


From Jeannette Quinn Bisbee, (Ontario, Canada) ~
This is only my second time to participate in the Weekly Challenge. My 35th wedding anniversary falls on Valentine's Day....even though I lost my first husband ten years ago. I have always loved hearts, and to make up for missing last week's heart challenge, I reveled in doing two tiles. I find that I am most drawn to tiles where some empty space is left, so on one of the tiles....I left the heart strings open. And, of course, that is how my own heart sometimes feel as though there is a vague emptiness of something familiar now gone. But, I have been blessed to remarry another wonderful man, so the second tile is filled with hearts, color, and good feeling. Hope all of your hearts are singing.....


Tangled Tidbits -
*fine detail lines of Join
*cheery colors to accompany the lovely sentiments


From Talia Maynard (London,United Kingdom) ~
It didn't take me long to have a bash at this week's string. More hearts means a very happy me!
I went for a different approach to my usual style. I only used 2 of the tangles and left a lot of white space (for me!). I'm very happy with the way it turned out. I really adore Luv-a. It's so fun to do.
I might have another go with some colour. These would make lovely valentine's cards.
 Tangled Tidbits -
*line and dotted aura of Heart Box
*Luv-a string lines with loops and sparkle


From Tina Sanders (Arizona) and here on her blog ~
Thank you so much Adele for another lovely challenge. I used Luv-A, Join and Heart Box, plus a couple of extras. Not to thrilled with my Heart Box, but like my over all tangle.

Tangled Tidbits -
*varying sizes of hearts in Luv-a
*border line of aura-ed Join


A very warm welcome to Ann Barbro Dahl with the first submission from Portugal (how exciting!) and here on her blog ~
Here is my tile :)
Happy Valentines Day!

Tangled Tidbits -
*strong sense of foreground and background achieved with shading
*lovely lines of hearts fill the doubled string line


From Ilse Lukken (The Netherlands) and here on her blog ~
I hope you're doing fine and having a nice day. I did, tangling your challenge :-)
Tangled Tidbits -
*delicately tangled Luv-a contrasts the bolder Heart Box and Join
*alternating black and shaded spaces of Join


From Bhamathi Pai (Bangalore, India) ~
All the tiles from IAST#129 were wonderful.
And this week, Thank you for another beautiful String and such lovely tangle patterns!! It was a pleasure doing this tile. Luv-a is one of my favourite heart shaped patterns!
Eagerly waiting for next Tuesday!

Tangled Tidbits -
*Join follows the string lines
*delicate Luv-a flows along the string line and border


From Sarah (Michigan) and here on her blog ~
February brings many good tangles. This week's challenge was no exception. Great tangles!! I loved learning or re-learning some of these! Thanks for a fun string too. 

Tangled Tidbits -
* Join anchors opposite ends
*thick, full Luv-a


From Sally (Massachusetts) ~
This makes me think of an old fashioned valentine. I had fun adding color. Thank you for your choices of string and patterns.

Tangled Tidbits -
*Join and Heart Box side-by-side, similar is size, follow the curves of the string
*Luv-a bursts from the center outward


A very warm welcome to Robin Bort (Nevada) ~
Here is my tangle. It’s only my fourth or fifth tangle. I just found Zentangle about a month ago! I’m enjoying myself immensely!
Thank you for hosting this weekly challenge! I’ll be back!
 Tangled Tidbits -
*pretty variations of Join and Luv-a
*Heart Box curved grid and all wrapped up with beautiful shading


From Sara  (Western Australia) ~
Tangled Tidbits -
*Luv-a flows from the string's intersecting lines
*fabulous aura for Join


From Lucy Banta, CZT (New Jersey) and here on her blog ~
I always look forward to your Valentine's Day related string thing challenges! This week I added some color with new Tombow markers. They didn't blend too well, but the color is festive.
 Tangled Tidbits -
*touches of the very festive colors along the Beadlines of Luv-a
*alternating light and dark aura-ed sections of Join


A very warm welcome to Roberta (Germany) ~
I am new to your wonderful challenges and I love to be a part of it!
 Tangled Tidbits -
*two Heart Box variations - fabulous idea with the dark, sparkled perfs
*Luv-a center sprays


From Karin (Germany) ~
this is my entry for this week. I really liked Heart Box! The Video Demonstration was quite helpful. I tried the second method of drawing the pattern with a continuous line and this absolutely requires a high concentration.
Greetings from Germany!

Tangled Tidbits -
*string is suggested with shading and Luv-a
*alternating dark aura of Join


From Linda Bladen (United Kingdom) ~
Really enjoyed using Luv-a and didn't want to overcrowd it so just used Heart Box in pencil. Looking forward to next week's challenge already

Tangled Tidbits -
*Luv-a filled string hearts
*free falling Luv-a


From Deepti Jois (Bangalore, India) ~

Tangled Tidbits -
*Beadline aura, beautiful shading and sparkle
*fanned grid for Heart Box


From Linda Helfer (Florida) ~
Thanks for your latest challenge #130. I don't think my end result could get any heart-y-er, ha! I look forward to seeing others' submissions, too.

Tangled Tidbits -
*inspired Luv-a variation - darkened points, weighted lines, repeated dots
*Join - white vertical lines, aura, and sparkle


From Cheryl Stocks (Scottsdale, Arizona) ~
Thanks for the challenge, Adele!
In my sketch book.

Tangled Tidbits -
*Heart Box variation brings heart centers together
*rounded Join adds pretty shape to the tangle


From Judy Wanner, CZT (Pennsylvania) ~
Well I am sending this before I chicken out! I crowned myself the Foofy Queen! That has got to stop. I did you a disservice. Anyway, what's that I hear? Oh it's Megan Trainer singing All about that Bass :))))
Remember last year? LOL!
Yes, I do :)
 Tangled Tidbits -
*single Join form one heart of the string with sparkle and Beadline
*lovely burst of Luv-a with red Tipple
...and pictured on one of my frames, thank you, Judy!


From Ann McCool (California) ~
Loving all these hearts!
Tangled Tidbits -
*wonderful variations of Heart Box
*one large Join rimmed in a spray of smaller ones



From Juliane Lopes (Longwood, Florida) ~
It's been a while but I've finally have another submission for your weekly challenge. I decided to try something different by working on the black tile, and used a little colored gel pen too. 


Tangled Tidbits -
*white on black Heart Box glows
*dot dash detail of Luv-a repeats along the border


From Lisa Preston (Marietta, Georgia) ~
I fall into the category of not a big fan of hearts. But I really enjoyed this challenge. You have such an uncanny way of choosing tangles that play well together.
It always amazes me how much more I like my tangles a day or two after I've drawn them. Sort of a strange zentangle magic.
I like how Join and Luv-a came out on the tile. I think my Heart Box could use some work but overall I'm really happy with this tile.
Tangled Tidbits -
*beautiful border of Join
*alternating string sections of Heart Box and detailed Luv-a


From Kate (United Kingdom) ~
My contribution to challenge 130. I'm not really a 'hearts person' but
once I started this I really enjoyed it. Thank you!

Tangled Tidbits -
*curved, large and small grids for Heart Box
*shading adds softness and depth to the tangles


From Ragged Ray (United Kingdom) ~
I did something a bit different with Heart Box - I penciled the initial grid and then made sure each 3 shape joined those it touched (like Helen does in her Version 2 in the video), which then allowed me to aura each into the next - giving a weird stretched heart pattern. Once I'd found this I couldn't get enough of it, so it became my entire background. The rest of the tile didn't come out quite as well - but hey - better to be really happy with one part than so-so with the whole!
 Tangled Tidbits -
*fabulous, unique look achieved with that technique
*lined and sparkled Luv-a


From Ingrid (The Netherlands) ~
Here is my ST # 130 tile.
Although I like the hearts themed challenges, I am not so happy with the result of this tile. Maybe I should have done it with only a black pen?
Tangled Tidbits -
*very colorful and festive ZIA
*Luv-a is full and delicate - notice that it fills Heart Box


From Susan Theron (South Africa) and here on her blog ~
Tangled Tidbits -
*Heart Box free of its grid
*Join used as a border on the string line - beautiful!


From Becky Welty (North Carolina) ~

Tangled Tidbits -
*full background of Join
*with the shading, Heart Box seems three dimensional


From Beth Gaughan (North Carolina) ~
Here is my tile for IAST 130. I kind of like how my two hearts look like a butterfly. 


Tangled Tidbits -
* Mooka-like string lines bursting with Luv-a
*detail lines repeat in Join and Heart Box


From Simone (Germany) and here on her blog ~
last week I wrote that I do not love to draw hearts very much... BUT
This week I had such a lot of fun with the ISAT challenge- so lovely heart tangles!
Heart Box is my favourite this week.
Now I am looking forward to the next and I am curious which tangles you choose next;-)
Thank you for this experience!
This is my contribution to IAST #130
 Tangled Tidbits -
*such a beautiful balance of color, tangles, details, and solids
*black highlighted hearts for Heart Box



From Jami (Ohio) ~

Tangled Tidbits -
*Luv-a filled red gem heart
*curved lines and grids yield beautiful tangles


From Jane Glotzer (Colorado) ~
Here's my submission for the week...resisted the urge to add red to the hearts--:)
Only used two tangles this time...A little Luv-a in the corner areas and some Join for the central heart shapes...I love Helen Williams' work, but couldn't find a place for her Heart Box...shading and a bit of tromp l'oeil in the corners (really love that!) and it's a sweet, simple Valentangle.
Have a great week...
(Coloradoans are gearing up for the Super Bowl tomorrow...I'm not a huge football fan in general, but in this instance, GO BRONCOS! :)
Have fun, if you participate!!
Tangled Tidbits -
Congratulations on the Broncos victory!
*string hearts filled with two sizes and four variations of Join
*shading adds curved look to Join and depth to Luv-a


From Marla Mendenhall (California) ~
And more hearts...
This week's quotes, rather than tugging the heartstrings, are meant to tickle the funny bone (which after all makes for a happy heart). 
Three Ways to my heart: Make coffee for me. Serve coffee to me. Don't talk until I've finished my first cup. ~Anon. 
I love you with all my thighs. (I would say heart, but my thighs are bigger.) ~Anon. 
My heart says, "Lobster, pasta and wine," but my jeans say, "For the love of spandex!"~Anon. 
Take care not to break anyone's heart; they have only one. Go for the bones, they have 206. ~Anon. 
Follow your heart, but take your brain with you. ~Anon.
Tangled Tidbits -
Thank you, Marla, for the laughs - loved the thigh reference!
*spectacular Luv-a radiates from the center outward
*Join border with fabulous detail
Tangled Tidbits -
*Luv-a flowers
*curved grid for Heart Box


From Audrie Weisenfelder (Arizona) and here on her blog ~
I haven't had much chance to tangle lately, but I did manage to complete this tile. I always enjoy using heart-based tangles.
So here's my entry:


Tangled Tidbits -
*lovely Luv-a string lines
*multiple variations of Join in a row


From Felicity Strohfeldt (South Africa) and here on her blog ~
Thank you for the great challenge this week. I felt that it wouldn’t be right to conceal the string line by yourself, as it’s all about hearts and ‘love’ leading up to Valentine’s Day.
The first idea that came to mind was that I’d not use the grid patterns to fill in the background, so I used Join (a very versatile pattern) by Elena Hadzijaneva in the top section and Heart Box
(lovely contrasts possibilities) by Helena Williams in the bottom section. That left the beautiful, lacy-like Luv by Sharon Caforio to use in the large white section. The original idea became
My tile 130.
Enjoyed the journey.
Looking forward to the Valentine Challenge this week.
Tangled Tidbits -
*lines and perfs in the center of Luv-a - and each line of the tangle is shaded
*detailed variations of Join


From Toni (Florida) and here on her blog ~
I am really enjoying the valentine themes, hearts have so many possibilities.
Tangled Tidbits - 
*elongated Heart Box grid
*Join filled corners and wonderful Luv-a achieved with varying sizes


From Rhonda Koplin (Georgia) ~

Tangled Tidbits - 
*Join direction changes giving the tangle a unique look
*bouquets of Luv-a spring from the center


For honors this week, there are two tiles - one Zentangle® tile and one ZIA ~

From Jessie Plouffe (Connecticut) ~
Here's my submission for this week's challenge. Lots of hearts on this tile!

Tangled Tidbits -
*Heart Box shaded at the top of each heart
*string hearts brimming with Luv-a


From Lily Moon (Hungary) with a "ZenHug" ~


Tangled Tidbits -
*N'Zeppel inspired Heart Box variation
*elegant center S curve of ruby red, highlighted Join


Congratulations Jessie and Lily!
I have a little something coming in the mail for you.

Thank you all for spreading the love and sending in your heart inspired tiles.

Special thanks to the creative minds behind the tangle used with my string this week ~

Luv-a by Sharon Caforio, CZT

Join by Elena Hadzijaneva

Heart Box by Helen Williams


Stop by Tuesday afternoon for "It's a String Thing" #131!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What a gorgeous collection. I've been devouring these all morning;-)There's so much inspiration here for my next round of Valentangles. Thank you for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the collection is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is fantastic of you to put these collections of tangles together every week. I really enjoy looking at how they turn out all different with the same ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What inspiration! The are all so lovely :)

    ReplyDelete